Designation of Israel for the Visa Waiver Program

Beginning 11/30/23, eligible citizens and nationals of Israel may apply for admission to the
United States at U.S. ports of entry as nonimmigrant visitors for business or pleasure for a
period of 90 days or less without first obtaining a nonimmigrant visa, provided that they are
otherwise eligible for admission under applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Currently citizens or nationals of the following countries are eligible to travel to the United States
under VWP:

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan*
  • United Kingdom**

**To be eligible to travel under the VWP, British citizens must have the unrestricted right of
permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the
Isle of Man.

What other requirements must I have to travel using the VWP?

Travelers must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)  approval prior to
travel and must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your planned departure
from the United States (unless exempted by country-specific agreements)

May I apply for a visa instead of using the VWP?

Yes, you may apply for a visitor (B) visa, if you prefer to do so or if you are not eligible for VWP
travel. Additionally, you need to apply for a visa if you will be traveling on a private aircraft or
other non-VWP approved air or sea carrier. Also, if you intend to stay longer than 90 days, then
you need to apply for a visa.

If a visa was refused or denied can I apply for the VWP?

A recent visa refusal for any reason could result in denial of ESTA authorization, additional
review at the port of entry, or denial of admission to the United States.

Can I extend my stay for more than 90 days?

If you enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, you are not permitted to extend
your stay in the United States beyond the initial admission period.

Can I change to another non-immigrant status?

If you enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, you are not permitted to change
to another non-immigrant status in the United States